Elon Musk is a business magnet, investor and engineer.
- Elon Musk is revolutionizing transportation both on earth and in space.
- Tesla Motors, his auto manufacturer, is bringing fully-electric vehicles to the mass market. Its Model 3 car retails for a starting price of $35,000.
- SpaceX, Musk’s rocket company, is now valued at more than $20 billion.
- He grew up in South Africa, then immigrated to Canada at age 17. He landed in the US as a transfer student at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Musk was a cofounder of Paypal; he scored a huge payday when the business was acquired by eBay for $1.4 billion in 2002.